This year is the first time we decided we were going to channel the Ingalls' family and grow our own vegetables and herbs. I am growing zucchini, broccoli, tomatoes and green beans and herbs such as parsley, cilantro, rosemary etc. I loved this show as a kid and since planting seeds and plantings, I feel like a true homesteader. I bake bread. I knit hats and scarves. We line dry our clothes outside. We have a compost bin in our yard. Jason kills deer for dinner (okay, this is a joke!). But I have to say that I don't think I will be venturing into canning food or making homemade preserves.
I was born and raised in Melbourne, Australia. I am primarily using this blog as a way to stay in touch with family and friends both in Oz and the USA!
I love living in the 'burbs of New York. I am a stay at home mother to 2 adorable boys. Currently, I am trying to create a body of art work -working on food related photographs combining my Aussie and Chinese background.
No comments:
Post a Comment